Monday, February 18, 2008

The Secret to World Peace and a Big Thank You




I love this little bowl. I got it on Etsy (of course) from http://www.lgbrinkley.etsy.com. When I found the fabric it is sitting on, hidden under a large pile of other fabrics, I thought to myself (with wonder and disbelief), "Why haven't I made a pouch out of this fabric yet?!" (So I did, it's on Etsy today.)


I bet if George Bush read my blog and saw that picture he'd get a nice PEACEFUL feeling and walk outside and smell the flowers and smile and when he went back inside he'd leave me a comment and it would just say, "Thanks, GWB." Not "W" because that would be obvious and I'd get a big ego if I knew he was reading my blog and neither of us would want that.


I actually did housework today. (There are some who, if they could see my house, would think this is a boldfaced lie.) But I did. Right now I'm waiting for the "Housework Thank-You Recognition Team" to pull up with the big reward. Because that's what I heard happens if you vacuum and clean the bathroom on the same day.


While I was being such a good housewife, I cooked some s__p. (I can't write the actual would because I said I wouldn't post about that anymore.) It will be ready when the team gets here with my big lavish thank-you gift.


I thinks its better if I don't clean again until they arrive, I'm not sure that two big gifts would fit in their van. When it comes I'm going to put it right next to my sunshine bowl.


Hmm, something makes me think maybe I should just be happy with that thank you comment from "W." I'll just wait for that instead.

2 comments:

brandianndesigns said...

OMG! i'm waiting for the same "Housework Thank-You Recognition Team" to pull up to my house with the big reward as well!

today's blog totally cracked me up! great bowl and happy cleaning!

Karen Meyers said...

I like the idea of a third party team to appreciate us. Do they have a union? Does Ed McMahon show up with a giant check?