I should be sewing more aprons from that fabric right now but I decided to share the following advice with you instead.
Don't let a two year old take their own bagel out of the toaster oven.
They can't handle the responsiblity. And then when you explain to the pediatrician how that small but apparently suspicious looking burn happened on their hand, they will look at you strangely and you'll have to repeat your story to several other staff members who will carefully watch to see if you change your story or crack under pressure, especially because your child--through NO FAULT of your own has also had two emergency room visits in the last month.
Good news though--they won't call Child Protective Services no matter how dicey things start to look, and they will prescribe a nice ointment which will heal his hand so well, no one will notice the scar when five days later he falls in the street and jams his hand hard enough for the fingernail to fall off, which he will proudly show his friends: his finger, not the fingernail, that would be gross.
So, to recap, remove the bagel yourself.
1 comment:
I know that feeling! My daughter broke her leg at school two years ago, and I felt like the world was pointing their fingers at me. I felt like putting a sign on her that said, "This happened at school." LOL.
I hope your baby feels better soon.
Post a Comment