Calling all gardeners: I'm curious, here in New Jersey, not matter what type of Spring we've had, the peonies always bloom on the last weekend in May; in other parts of the country do they bloom according to a schedule as well? (My guess is that bloom time is dictated by the amount of daylight, but I wonder if it is just a coincidence.)
Saturday, May 31, 2008
The peonies bloomed!
Calling all gardeners: I'm curious, here in New Jersey, not matter what type of Spring we've had, the peonies always bloom on the last weekend in May; in other parts of the country do they bloom according to a schedule as well? (My guess is that bloom time is dictated by the amount of daylight, but I wonder if it is just a coincidence.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oregon seems to get tulips & daffy's before everyone else, but our peonies out in the yard are just at the ball state. We planted them last spring after they bloomed so maybe they will have a tough 1st season in our yard. The farmers market was full of them this weekend so maybe you have a solid theory about the day light hours. Thanks for sharing - love the color!
Same here in Kansas. Last week of May. I always have them for Memorial Day.
Post a Comment