I leaned out the window this morning and took one last photo of the foxgloves because we have three days of 90 degree temperatures ahead of us and by the end I think the foxgloves will have given the garden over to the black-eyed susans (one of which (a show off) is already blooming in a different section). I like how the morning light is shining through the foxgloves (from the left). Good-bye foxgloves.
Does anyone want seeds? Leave a comment and I'll get your address through regular email. I'm giving them all away this year because the seeds I spread last fall (foxgloves are a biennial) are growing like crazy and I have about 40 billion coming up.
You're right, I'm underestimating.
The number is more like 50 billion and if you live in northern New Jersey stop by and I'll give you all the transplants you can possibly use.
Seriously.
Right now I pretend they are green mulch and step right on them.
They are everywhere.
Everywhere.
Help.
4 comments:
I would love to have your seeds! I'm wanting a flower garden and this would help me a lot.
A big thank you!
stoverlane@aol.com
Hey - stop stepping on MY foxglove seeds! Send some my way since I need to replant... unknowingly I pulled up several this weekend thinking they were weeds... and then think "whoops, that was going to be a pretty flower" Thanks, my garden greatly appreciates your over-abundance!
Do they bloom in Georgia? Do they require shade? Do I have to do anything after I plant them? Can they tolerate drought? I would love some.
If you still have some extra seeds, I would love to have some. I love foxgloves. Thank you. (I am a mom of boys who loves to design and sew for girls as well!)
Post a Comment