Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yesterday was Flag Day


(Public service message provided in case you missed it.)

I've written 120 posts without mentioning global warming or climate change; which shows a lot of restraint and maturity on my part. So now we are going to indulge for a moment. Brace yourself. In my yard the hummingbirds build a nest every year and their preferred (and possibly primary) food source is a large weigela bush which this year bloomed two weeks early.

The hummingbirds did not know about the schedule change.

They have made a valiant effort to get nectar from other flowers, but we both know it's just not the same.

I am trying hard not to worry about the baby birds. Perhaps I could transfer the worry to you. Thanks.

1 comment:

Karen Meyers said...

We were just commenting yesterday that the Canadian Geese have decided they don't like the commute home to Canada. We might just load them all up on a truck and take them there. Just thinking about what is best for the birds, of course....