I was able to take my eyes off the Black-Eyed Susans and photograph a geranium instead! The garden is a disaster because three weeks ago Zack and I noticed a cardinal making a nest in a bush right at the entrance to the garden and in an effort not to scare away the chance to see an eventual baby cardinal we haven't gone into the garden, which would mean brushing against the bush. The mother bird sat on the egg FOREVER but it finally hatched yesterday (I'll try to photograph the baby for you). I know it hatched because workers (who didn't speak English) wanted to get on the roof by putting their ladder next to the bush, and after we broke the language barrier and they moved the ladder, I checked the nest and saw the wet baby - awesome! Later it was fluffed up and peeking over the edge of the nest - well worth the weeds and disarray in the garden.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Not a Black-Eyed Susan either!
I was able to take my eyes off the Black-Eyed Susans and photograph a geranium instead! The garden is a disaster because three weeks ago Zack and I noticed a cardinal making a nest in a bush right at the entrance to the garden and in an effort not to scare away the chance to see an eventual baby cardinal we haven't gone into the garden, which would mean brushing against the bush. The mother bird sat on the egg FOREVER but it finally hatched yesterday (I'll try to photograph the baby for you). I know it hatched because workers (who didn't speak English) wanted to get on the roof by putting their ladder next to the bush, and after we broke the language barrier and they moved the ladder, I checked the nest and saw the wet baby - awesome! Later it was fluffed up and peeking over the edge of the nest - well worth the weeds and disarray in the garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aaaaawwwww.
Hey, how did you find a purple Etsy badge?!
The purple badge was with all the others - which I've been carefully studying for the last six months.
Post a Comment