Monday, October 20, 2008



I would like to take this opportunity, in a public forum, to give a shout-out to the gate check staff at Continental Airlines in Newark. You guys rock. (Not. A hundred times not.) My sister was flying cross country and had a short layover so I thought I'd see her. Well, the friendly staff isn't giving gate passes anymore. They felt that was too friendly. So I got to see her for something like 18 seconds before she had to go back through security and off to her next flight - but it was great.

Perhaps if the staff had seen this clip from the movie The Straight Story, they would start giving out those passes to relatives again.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I know how Llyle felt... very touched. And I can imagine how sitting in that chair outside security waiting for me left you feeling like you had just driven a tractor cross-country. I'm sure we've both been added to the security watch list by now - totally worth it for one of the most memorable 18 seconds of my life.

Kim said...

Awwww

Karen Meyers said...

I knew I missed something by not having a sister.

Kim said...

That's the saddest comment I've ever read.

I'll share.

Sarah said...

Sisters rock! Karen - you should definitely adopt one.