Wednesday, December 24, 2008


Before Monday, the only side of the Capital I'd seen was the TV side (which it turns out was originally the back side.) The front is TOTALLY different! Do haul yourself around if you are visiting. It reminded me of Versailles. (See section below.)

You can go inside for a tour.

It is long. (Just so you know.)


Separately: If you live in the suburbs and wonder, "Am I fully experiencing life? Am I missing out on something integral to human experience?" Peter Beard's "Zara's Tales" will confirm your suspicions. If you have a chance to read/skim it, you should. (And then go hunting for wildlife in your backyard.) It is available (gently used) on Amazon for a song if your library doesn't have it. (And it probably won't if you live in the suburbs. Like me.) If nothing else, read page 145 on how to live life. (I'd like to copy it here for you but I suspect his publisher might not be thrilled. Which is a shame. I'll ask them for permission. (I plan to ply them with Carrot Ginger soup. Of course.))

No comments: