Friday, December 19, 2008


That's a wall in my laundry room. It has nothing to do with the rest of this post.

Did you see that Time Magazine's Top Ten issue included BOTH "Rockferry" and "Single Girls" in its best music list?! What are the odds?! Clearly Time reads my blog AND is influenced but it. (And I am so glad humble week is over.)

Naturally this kind of affirmation will only encourage additional pleas to check out YouTube links. I could become insufferable.

As a special favor to all of you, I listened to the eight other songs and narrowed them down to two worth a listen. The other six were either really bad or boring or so filled with profanity my ears are still burning.

Recommended: "Time to Pretend" by MGMT and "Going On" by Gnarls Barkley.

You're welcome. Happy holidays a week early, huh?

P.S. Try to ignore the goofy videos that are posted with the songs.

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

The color of your laundry room wall is absolutely perfect, my favorite color. I am jealous. I have a laundry hallway, not a room, and the walls have ugly wallpaper from the previous owner.

Kim said...

Oh, I had ugly 70s wallpaper but I took it off (and did a really bad job - the walls looked like they were from Pompeii because they were so rough and multicolored - which was kind of cool - but not for a house in suburbia. Everytime I repaint, the walls get smoother, about 5 more coats and they will actually look normal. That's part of the reason so many things are hung up. And because I like colorful clutter.)