Thursday, February 5, 2009

behind the scenes at capebags


Look! It's my new exotic location for photographing bags! Setting up the tripod(followed by running in front of the camera) was taking forever, so yesterday I got lazy and decided to just use a mirror. People aren't kidding when they say the light in bathrooms is great for photos! It must be all that sunlight bouncing off the tile. It is a little tricky to hold the camera and guess where to point it but well worth the time saved. The blue bedroom wall where I usually photograph EVERYTHING is fifteen steps further away from my sewing room, so I save that exertion as well. (The really great thing is that all these little calorie savers have allowed me to gain ten pounds since starting Etsy only one year ago! My glasses are off in the photo because I was actually trying to take a new avatar photo - like I said it's hard to know where to point the camera. Nice job cutting off half my head.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

And I was wondering how you got so skinny! I think this should be your new self-portrait for Capebags - it says it all.

Jill said...

that's exactally what i do to photograph my bags...mirror in the bathroom and all...:) except for those times i resort to taping my product on the wall with painter's tape so i don't have to be in the picture. have a great time on st. john's!!!