The dress was a "let's get ready for kindergarten" project that my Mom dreamed up so I would appreciate the importance of numbers and of carefully following directions. Thanks Mom. I still think numbers are awesome and I ALWAYS follow directions (not really).
Looking at it now I think that this a was a LITTLE ambitious for a five year old - there's even a zipper in back! My Mom will tell you (when you are in Maine next time--because you couldn't stay away after seeing that photo of Zack doing a handstand on the beach, which I already posted) that if I hadn't insisted on picking a fabric with a raised print the zipper wouldn't have been so hard. But as you can clearly see the fabric was critical to the success of the dress. Ask any five year old.
I loved pink and green then and I still do--I made that pouch yesterday and I couldn't believe it didn't get more views. It's pink and green, people! You must have very strong willpower. I'm impressed.
Speaking of willpower, I've gone 24 hours without butternut squash soup. Very proud. Instead I made red lentil soup yesterday from the recipe in Gourmet magazine (October 2007, page 40) that a woman sent in saying how she tried to replicate her grandmother's recipe that she loved so much--well, the soup is pretty good if you try it. My kids would not. They said it looked like something not nice. I thought that was not nice. I made a big flourish of especially enjoying the last spoonfuls. I may have moaned. They didn't notice. Typical. I should start a blog, "All the great food I offered my kids that they wouldn't try," so that later in life they can't blame me for what are INEVITABLE nutritional deficiencies. (Ethan and Zack, I know you read my blog, and I'm not kidding!)
No comments:
Post a Comment