Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Take Time to Stop and Iron the Roses

If you are shopping for a new iron, I'm begging you, look for one with a stainless steel soleplate. I thought I was being a baby about the fumes coming off my old iron until I looked closely at it last week and realized--after using it six hours a day for the last three months--that the soleplate had a NONSTICK finish! The same kind of finish that gives off fumes strong enough to kill birds!

Fantastic!

So, because a healthy body is nice to have, I bought a new iron (which incidentally glides better than the one with a nonstick surface). Not to point fingers and name names but the initials of the company that poisoned me for the last three months are B&D--check your iron.

The new iron is by Rowenta, it seems great so far. It emits a LOT of steam, enough that I can close my eyes and pretend I'm actually relaxing in a sauna, breathing in the warm, fume-free, moist air. So nice.

Good news! This weekend I also bought an immersion blender, so in tomorrow's posting I'll tell you all about it! So exciting! (January 29, 2008--The day my two readers decided to definitely stop reading my blog.)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I just found you and "wow" is all I can say. The fabic you are using is beautiful, love your purse. I'm going to stop in your store and see what else you have!

By the way, you've been tagged...if you would like to play along please visit my blog for the rules.

God bless!