It works, if you are wondering; the soup is much smoother than with a regular blender.
I also hoped that using the immersion blender instead of a counter top model would help avoid a repeat of last summer's blueberry-smoothie-on-the-ceiling incident that still periodically gives me traumatic shock flashbacks.
I kind of wish I'd had the new blender last week when I made the pea and pesto soup from Nigella Lawson's new cookbook, Nigella Express. The pesto smells amazing whizzed in the blender, but English blenders must be larger than mine, because she suggests leaving the vent hole open, which is fine except that the volume of soup will clearly create a volcanic overflow of hot lava-like soup once it is turned on.
I decided to try it anyway.
Because this was so clearly a bad and dangerous idea, I told the kids to, "Come close, so you can get a good view." Only two of us got burned when hot soup flew out and hit our hands. It was awesome. I highly recommend it.
The following is a shameless Etsy plug: That apron the blender is so lovingly resting upon is available from my shop. Convenient, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment