Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mmmm, smells good


What?! The same picture as yesterday?!

Yes. Not enough people have seen it yet.

I have another fish fertilizer story (see my very first post), but first let me distract my husband in case he is reading today: "I love you, Mark! I hope you are having a nice day at work! You don't have to read anymore. We're all set here."

OK, that should do the trick.

If you are ever riding in my car...what, you don't think that will happen? This is a small world. AND we already have zero degrees of separation because you are reading my blog. See? You'll be in my car in no time. Anyway, when you are in my car, under no circumstances should you start making gagging noises and ask, "Is that smell fish fertilizer?" Instead say something casual and friendly like, "Thanks for picking me up. I've never tried hitchhiking before." Or: "Nice car, is it new?" Oh, wait, that would be too obvious you are trying to hide something; the car is ten years old. The point is to just breath shallowly and smile and no one (like me) will get in trouble.

You see, it turns out that when a plastic bottle of Alaska Fish Fertilizer is left out in the sun, say, perhaps for a whole summer, the plastic APPARENTLY becomes brittle. And APPARENTLY hair line cracks that don't seem important when you put the bottle in your car to go to the community garden are more troublesome when something heavy--say a bag of baseball bats--falls against it, opening the cracks further and letting the fish fertilizer seep out.

Onto the car's carpet.

If you are scratching your head wondering, "What does fish fertilizer smell like? What does it look like?" Count yourself lucky to be so naive.

Which leads me to my main point which is to hold onto the bottle of fish fertilizer while driving, rather than moving it out of your way. And into harm's way.

I would also like to reiterate (for future Google searchers) that product containment failure is in no way to be blamed on the Alaska Fish Fertilizer people, who probably already have a lot of trouble on their hands as it is, I would imagine. The blames lies squarely on my shoulders. As Mark will surely tell you when we pick you up in our car. (The white one, the black one still smells OK.)

3 comments:

brandianndesigns said...

ha ha ha

we'll make sure to take my car.

Karen Meyers said...

I see, too busy cleaning up fish fertilizer to take a new picture. I suppose it is a good enough excuse.
But, if you want to see a fresh picture at every post, check out my blog www.crazylilcraft.blogspot.com

Just a little bloggers revenge, he he he. (see Kim's comment on June 19)

Anonymous said...

Yes that brings back memories of my favorite ever car, a white Toyota Landcruiser that was wonderful until it rained. You see then the smell of shrimp juice would be overwhelming. Yes, I bought a bunch of inexpensive shrimp in Pensacola and put them in an inexpensive styrofoam cooler to get them back to Atlanta. Well kids and dogs and luggage and who knows but that cooler leaked and the carpet in the back was soaked with melted shrimp icewater. And though I have never had a car I loved more, I finally had to call it quits, it rained a lot more back then.
Love your blog and your bags!