Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Underside of a pink poppy


Note to regular readers:
You're wondering what the black-eyed susans look like today, aren't you?

Of course you are!

OK, at the end of this post I included a photo for you. I took it at dusk which is why the leaves look bluish.

I'll admit, I'm beginning to think that encouraging a monoculture was a mistake.

But one thing first, how many of you clicked over to those pictures of the house in Kenya I linked to in the last post?

Everyone better be raising their hands right now.


When I was a kid (and for a long time afterwards) black-eyed susans were my favorite flower.

It's over now. Today. It's over.

P.S. Blueberries with a little garlic hummus are amazing. (Just in case you were wondering.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
My hand is raised...a-ma-zing!! The house and the flowers!!

Megan

Karen Meyers said...

that poppy is wizard of oz worthy!

Sarah said...

hey look, you are growing "blue eyed susans"!