Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gold Fall


The seller who is currently profiled on Etsy's front page, mentioned that she googled herself and found out she was dead. But that's not my point, my point is, that whenever I've googled my own name so many people came up who weren't me, I wondered if they really existed. Well, now you can type a name into google images and see all those people who share your name. Freaky. Especially because no pictures come up under my married name (which regular readers already know), but under my maiden name, Kim Sweet, - a name which tons of people also apparently have - there are TONS of photos of people. None of whom are me. Which is making me question whether I actually exist. At least that girl knew she once existed even if google thought she was now dead. Gee, I'm jealous. I'm thinking of putting my name(s) with my blog profile photo in an attempt to solidify my existence. But of course, there is a risk, that google won't pick me up, and then I'll know for sure. That I really am just a figment of your imagination.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Which is why I describe some things in my shop as "Sweet." Same reason why I described my boys as SWEET in my blog profile. So clever. Not.

Might be time to change that.

Kim said...

On google there is a Kim Sweet who is a DJ. That's me. Not.

Sarah said...

on google there is a stripper named sarah sweet who lives in my city who is not me... but the thought of meeting her is very scary

Kim said...

Strippers are raking it in right now, she'll be driving a Lexus.