Ginger wins the CapeBags giveaway! But don't be sad if you're not Ginger, I'm working on the next giveaway RIGHT NOW. (That applies even if you are reading this in the middle of the night and you think I'm sleeping. I'm dreaming about the giveaway. Of course.)
Ginger's name reminds me of my current favorite soup: Carrot Ginger Soup. Specifically as made by Au Bon Pain. Not me. (If I mention Au Bon Pain soup every day for the next month do you think they'll send me some soup?) Their version is dreamy. Really complex flavors. Highly recommended. (Please send soup.)
I tried to replicate it at home. Not so successful but next time I'm trying this recipe. If anyone out in blogland has figured out the secret to AU BON PAIN's carrot soup please contact me. (If you can't get through, keep trying, it's probably AU BON PAIN working out delivery details.) (I love you AU BON PAIN.) (Soup only. I used to love their pastries but not so much anymore.)
And I just ruined my chances at soup delivery.
But I wanted you to know the truth. About the pastries. (Au Bon Pain, I'm willing to consult on bringing your pastries back to their former glory - I have very clear taste memories from (oh god) twenty years ago.)
I've been trying to lay off the beta-carotene this winter but I'll be making an exception for AU BON PAIN's carrot soup. (I think we all remember what happened when I drank Imagine Organic Butternut Squash soup several times a day last year - that beta-carotene induced fake tan only just finally wore off.)
P.S. Ginger has a blog that lists online giveaways. So fun.
P.P.S. Seven mentions of Au Bon Pain. Eight. Two words: "free soup."
3 comments:
Au Bon Pain has seen your blog! Let's talk Carrot Ginger Soup. Email me at feedback@aubonpain.com
look forward to hearing from you
Donna
You are famous! All because of yummy carrot ginger soup! too cool.
I'm going to run outside right now and wait for the soup truck to arrive!
Post a Comment