
Zack came home from school yesterday and said one of his friends made up a song about Barack needing votes from all the Obama Mamas.
Proud to be an Obama Mama.
OK, that's enough politics (forever).
Ethan and Zack are out of school the next two days - did you notice how I typed that without even shaking? That's because we are hopping on the train first thing tomorrow and going to Washington D.C.! I am so excited because we will be realizing a dream, a dream so dear it almost seems like a fantasy.
By which of course I mean, seeing in person the most sacred of places for little children, the real life inspiration for the image on the nickle: that's right; the Lincoln Memorial! (Exciting, huh?) When we lived in Florida, and they were little, and their sharp little eyes could actually see enough detail to know that the statue of Lincoln is included on the nickle (who knew, huh?), they were amazed at the idea that we could someday see the REAL Memorial.
Dreams do come true. (That actually was a political statement again.)
My other favorite photo today is of my niece at the polls, and was printed in her local paper:

Future feminist.
3 comments:
OK, she is adorable! Have a great trip! Will you blog from Washington? How can we go a day without?
how are you?
Hi Brandi! Doing good.
Everyone is just going to have to hang tight until I get back - you'll be all right, I know it.
See you soon!
Post a Comment