Tuesday, January 6, 2009


Just take a second and look at the photo by Ann Wilkinson that I posted on my other blog this morning. (Wow! Huh? And she's a super nice person as a bonus.)

Now that you're back, did anyone else notice the recipe for Chicken and Israeli Couscous with Tomato and Lemon on page 118 in the January issue of Martha Stewart Living and think, "Looks good, but my family will never eat it?" Well, good news, (and no, they won't eat it) turn to page 135 to the Campbell's soup ad and, "Gee, Look at that! It's an identical recipe in kid form!" (Campbell's Quick and Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Brown Rice). I wonder if anyone on Martha's staff squirmed when they saw the resemblance in the accompanying photos and recipe. (But really, how many ways can you cook chicken?)

When I take the train into NYC I usually walk to where I'm going from Penn Station. One day I turned a corner by the station and saw Martha's building, (did you notice that we're on a first name basis?) and thought to myself, "I could work here!" (Logistically. Not realistically.)

When I saw the picture of the magazine's craft room (same issue, pages 104-105) I wished I DID work there. One other thing about that issue (and this is a tiny bit petty), but you know how on page 19 Martha mentions in an elitist tone that she keeps a pitcher of water next to her computer instead of water bottles? Well if you look at the photo of her office on page 100, you can clearly see three water bottles in a neat little row next to the computer.

"Martha, where's the pitcher in the picture?" (Nice word choice, huh?)

(Martha, if you are reading this feel free to fire back about my hypocritical use of a microwave in previous posts. I can take it.)

*****************
By the way, Shari from port2port press has ended her amazing blog but do go over for a look at all the beautiful images from her final posts. Well worth your time.

1 comment:

brandianndesigns said...

oh good god

you crack me UP!

i love your sense of humor kim - it never fails to make me chuckle!