Friday, November 21, 2008

Last Day to Enter the Give-Away! See Sunday's Post.


Planning Thanksgiving treats? Check out this recipe for chocolate chip sour cream cake from the yummy Smitten Kitchen blog. (Which for a long time I thought was called Smitten Kitten, but just this morning (with my glasses on) saw was actually KITCHEN. I think I like the idea of a Smitten Kitten even better.) I'm hungry just looking at Joan's photo. (P.S. She wrote an interesting post about taking food photography if you are interested. Megan.)

The Arizona Republic printed a new article to update everyone on Stephanie Nielson's progress (She's back in her home state of Utah! Yipee!). It's tiny bit sad (of course) but mostly happy.

One last thing, if you are reading aloud "Superfudge" by Judy Blume to your kids, I'll warn you that she ruins the whole toothfairy gig for everyone (EVERYONE, I say!) on the last couple pages. The story ends abruptly anyway, so feel free to tear out those last pages (if it is your copy: I can't imagine the library would be too thrilled), and just abruptly end the story yourself. That will save you from having to cover by slamming the book shut, throwing it behind the couch, laughing loudly and saying, "Wow, wasn't that fun! What shall we do next?" (Meanwhile your little cherubs are staring at you with wide questioning eyes, asking, "Mom, what was that part about the toothfairy? Can you read that again?") Trust me, just tear out the pages.

***********
1pm update:
The Au Bon Pain soup arrived! It's true! I am now in possession of 32 pounds of frozen Carrot Ginger soup! A soon as it defrosts (not all 32 pounds, just one of the four bags), which should only take a couple more days, I'll start preparing you each a warm bowl of virtual soup. Photos tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Brandi, She also recommended the Sigma macro lens - imagine that!
-Kim

ButterCup said...

Looks yummy... :) Thanks for sharing.

Karen Faulkner said...

You have such a knack for writing with subtle humor...always fun to stop by! Honestly, I thought for nearly a minute that the Etsy take-your-child-to-work-day was real. Have a great weekend and I hope that soup defrosts real fast.

Sarah said...

Hmmmm... 32 lbs. I know what YOU are serving for Thanksgiving this year!

Karen Meyers said...

I have NEVER liked any of the Fudge books. I thought they all were boring, no wonder I don't remember that they ruined the tooth fairy gig.